Did you know that approximately 90% of facial growth has been completed by the age of 12?
After the majority of facial development has been completed, we still have the opportunity to guide the patient back to a more ideal function using a natural, principle-based treatment to supplement health. Our Guide program addresses those concerns and supports a comprehensive care approach to ALF Therapy.
This course will address ALF Therapy treatment options related to:
· airway insufficiency/sleep disordered breathing,
· movement disorders
· extraction/retraction orthodontics
· TMJD and craniofacial pain
Topics will include:
· Integrative, interdisciplinary care for the complex patient suffering from craniofacial pain and temporomandibular joint disorders
· The short and long-term effects of sleep disordered breathing and the role of the ALF Therapy team in screening for and treating sleep disordered breathing
· Case finishing options including clear aligners, positioners and straight wire orthodontics
· Diagnostic tools including the benefits and limitations of CBCT, heart rate variability, computerized occlusal analysis, cardiopulmonary coupling, polysomnogram, high resolution pulse oximetry and electromyography (Here’s a hint: Volumetric airway analysis using CBCT is not as helpful as you might have been told…)
· Patient education on self-care as well as training the healthcare team in the common language of ALF Therapy diagnostic and therapeutic tools
Dates: March 6-7 and November 13-14, 2020
Time: 9am-5pm CST
Location: St. Louis, MO area
1000 Eleven South Suite 3F Columbia, Illinois
For lodging and travel information, please contact us at email@example.com
Darick Nordstrom DDS
Angie Tenholder DMD, FAACP, DABCDSM
Additional instructors to be announced
Darick Nordstrom is the creator of the ALF family of appliances as well as the innovator of ALF Therapy. His vast experience and knowledge is the basis for the content of this course.
Angie Tenholder is not only and ALF Therapy provider trained by Dr. Nordstrom, she also is a ALF Therapy patient and parent who maintains fellowship status in the Academy of Craniofacial Pain and is Board certified in Craniofacial Dental Sleep Medicine.
Visit the registration page for more info!
Limited to 10 providers to maximize hands-on instructional opportunities.
Registration available by contacting Jamie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14Continued Education Hours provided through the AGD PACE program and sponsored by the ALF InterFACE AcademY
** YOU MUST COMPLETE ALF FOUNDATIONS TO TAKE THIS COURSE**